German Pancakes

These are a little different version than plain ol' pancakes.  They are a little higher in protein.  Kind of a cross between an omlet and a pancake.  Slather them with syrup, top with fresh strawberries or just sprinkle powdered sugar over them.  Any way you do it, they are delicious and make for great breakfast variety.

4-6 Tbs butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
7 eggs
1 tsp salt (I like Kosher)

Place butter in pats in a 9 x 11 pan and place in hot oven at 400 degrees.  Mix flour, milk, eggs and salt in a blender or in a bowl.  Sometimes I add shredded cheese, ham, bacon, etc to make them more like a yummy omlet.  As soon as the butter is bubbling (I wait until it's browned a little) open the oven and just pour the batter in.  Cook for about 20 minutes and serve how you like it!


Source:
This is a recipe from my sister's recipe blog.  I love it, so I'm putting it on my site too...with a link to hers.  Feel free to check her blog out too...she has a TON of great recipes on there.

http://foodforthought10.blogspot.com/2008/02/german-pancakes.html

No comments: