Roasted Root Vegetables


Here's another one that I've made that I'm already craving again!!!  Roasted root veggies.  Be adventerous with your choices at the grocery store, I found I loved many of these that I had never even tried before!!  A great recipe for fall.  Oh how I will miss this one in the summer!

2 pounds of root vegetables
(Experiment with turnips, rutabagas, beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips and carrots!!!)
1 onion peeled and cut into 1/3" wedges
3 Tbs olive oil
Sea Salt (or kosher salt) and Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 375.  While oven is warming chop all your root veggies in bite sized pieces.  Toss the veggies with the olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. 

Place chopped veggies on a roasting pan (I covered mine with parchment), don't over crowd them.  Roast for 45-50 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times throughout.  They are done when they are lightly brown and soft.


Makes 4 servings (you will fight with yourself to keep this at 4 servings)  :)


Tip:
You can cut the sweet potato a litte bigger than some of the other root veggies, I found it cooks faster than some of the others it was almost too soft by the time the others were tender.

Credit:  This also came from the PCOS Diva!  I had to find a place to put a couple or her recipes so I wouldn't lose them.  She is all about clean eating!  If you want more information on how to find her or do the Jumpstart program she offers, let me know.  I'm happy to give you more information!

No comments: