Low-Carb Chocolate Smoothie


1 Cup Coconut Milk (or almond milk)
1/2 Cup crushed ice
1/2 Avocado
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons equivalent sweetener
1 Tablespoon golden flax seed (or flax seed meal)

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my bullet)

2.  Blend until smooth

3.  Add additional sweetener if needed.

Nutrition Information:
Calories 379
Protein 5.3g
Fat 37.5g
Carbs 14.5g
Fiber 8.5 g
Net Carbs (Carbs-Fiber) 6g

Source:
This comes from a cookbook that I purchased as an ebook.  I'm constantly trying to find where I set my printout, so I'm publishing here so I don't lose it...but also because it is great and you should try it.  If you like this recipe, you should order the book.  There are lots of great ideas on there!

The book:
Awaken - 30+ Egg Free & Grain Free Breakfasts, by Karen Sorenson.

No comments: