Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe

 
1 egg
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, packed
1 cup cheese, packed (recipe calls for cheddar)
2 Tablespoons plain, whole milk yogurt
1/4 cup coconut flour
Pinch of cayenne, optional (this gives it a sharp flavor that I liked a lot)
Pinch of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. You can mix with a hand mixer or a spoon. A spoon worked just fine for me. :)

3. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

4. Spread the mixture out as thin as you can get it without seeing any holes.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes. This might take a little longer if you didn't spread it as thin as recommended.

6. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.

7. Serve! Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container.

Note: To reheat, just place pieces in a toaster oven set at 200 - 250 degrees for a few minutes (IF you have leftovers...this is yummy stuff).


Source: The Nourished Life - Flourless Cheesy Bread

I saw this recipe on Facebook and it immediately peaked my interest. I made it immediately...and it was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend it. My version differs just a little bit from the source. The original recipe calls for arrowroot...I doubt I will ever own arrowroot, nor would I expect anyone to know where to go to buy that ingredient. So, I substituted coconut flour and it worked GREAT!

Give this one a try!!!

No comments: