Goulash Soup

1 onion, chopped
1 lb meat, cut up good
(Either a beef round or fondue meat; fondue meat is already cut up and more tender, it will not have to be cooked as long.)
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1/2 to 3/4 cup celery or green onions
1/2 to 3/4 cup parsley
1/2 to 3/4 cup carrots
2 beef bouillon cubes
Paprika (to taste)
5-6 spoons catsup
Pickle, chopped

Heat some butter in pan and sauté onion and meat. Dissolve bouillon in about 2 to 3 cups of water. When all redness is out of the meat add bouillon and vegetables. Simmer about 2 to 3 hours stirring occasionally and making sure the liquid level is at the top of where the meat is. The potatoes must go in at least 40 minutes to get soft. Put the pickles, catsup and paprika in about 15 minutes before serving.

***Comment: I have alot of good recipes from her. She was german and taught me a lot about cooking. Some recipes I got just by standing behind her and writing things down while she made it. She doesn't really follow recipes like me. HA! I hope that she doesn't mind me sharing alot of her recipes...it is really a compliment to her cooking! I hope she is doing well...and Joe too! :)

Source: Dorothy M (My first Mother-in-Law)

No comments: