Chicken Noodle Burgers

2 lbs Hamburger
Onions, chopped (to taste)
1 can (large) Chicken Noodle Soup

Brown beef with dried or fresh onions. Drain. Add soup (no water), season with pepper if desired. Serve on buns like sloppy joes.

***STORY: This recipe seems odd but you HAVE to try it. This is one of our family's favorites! We grew up with this meal, it was easy to make and very yummy.

I remember one time, we were going to go to my Mom's for dinner on a Sunday night. She asked what I wanted to eat and I asked if we could have this. She said sure, we hadn't eaten it in a while.

I remember preparing Melanie (6) and Julie (12 or so) before we went. They were never really keen on trying new things and so I said..."Look...we are going to have something a little different at my Mom's house this afternoon. I don't care if you don't like it...but don't snicker before you try it, you might really like it."

They were really polite and tried it...no snickering! Then Lo and BEHOLD...I noticed that they ate their whole sandwich! WOW! I started thinking...either I scared them, or they really liked it. So we were on our way home and I asked if they liked it, they both said they did and asked when we could eat it again. So, it became part of my family's favorites.

Source: Sherie K (my Mom)

No comments: