Chinese Salad

This makes a big bowl of salad...so if you aren't a large family, or you aren't bringing it to an event, you should probably 1/2 the recipe. This is also really delicious with grilled chicken on top! :)

Salad Ingredients

2 Romaine Hearts Chopped (approx.)
1/2 Head of Green Cabbage
Chopped Green Onions or Chives
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Slivered Almonds
Aprox. 3/4 Cup Chow Mein Noodles

(all amounts are flexible, as desired)

Dressing Ingredients

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Oil (she uses Canola)
1/4 Cup Vinegar
Aprox. 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Mix all together, put dressing and Chow Mein dressing on last, just before served.

__________

I got this recipe from Lori S. She goes to church with me, we team teach Primary together. Her family and her extended family have "taken me in", so to speak. They feed me on Sundays and I have family home evening with them Sunday night too. I love their company and I'm so glad to be able to hang out with them! :) I've eaten this 2 times now and loved it BOTH TIMES! Lori was nice enough to share the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Also, if you want to bring this to an event, Lori tells me that you can make your dressing in a sealable, shakable container, and take it with you that way. Save the chow mein noodles to the side...then everything will be nice and crisp when you get there. Combine remaining ingredients just before serving.

No comments: