Chocolate Peppermint Dessert

This is a recipe I got when I visited Idaho for Christmas. It's delicious! I can't wait to have an excuse to make it!

1 box Candy Canes
6 eggs, separated
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate (bar form)
2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
2 cups whipping cream
1 bag small marshmallows

Put Crushed Vanilla Wafers in the bottom of a 9x11 pan.

Mix butter and sugar until fluffy, add egg yolks and beat together. Add melted chocolate.

Beat egg whites in separate bowl until stiff, fold in chocolate mixture and put on top of the crushed Vanilla wafer 'crust'.

Topping: Whip cream until stiff and desired marshmallows and crushed candy canes. Put on top of the chocolate mixture in the pan

Suggestions: I think by altering this recipe just a bit, I might be able to claim it!  ;D

Next time I make this...I might put a little bit of Peppermint extract in the chocolate part of this desert. The Peppermint flavor you get from the topping is good, but mild, and with a name like Peppermint dessert, you expect a more biting Peppermint flavor. :) I'll let you know how it turns out.

This could also be made in Pie form by putting in 2 pie pans with Graham crust or a cooked/toasted version of the Vanilla wafers at the bottom. It seems it would freeze well too...if you can keep it around that long. GOOD STUFF!

No comments: