Texas Caviar

2 cans (15.5 oz) Black-Eyed Peas w/ Jalapeño
1 can (10 oz) Rotel
2 Avocados
1 Green pepper
1/2 Purple Onion
3/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1/4 tsp salt

Rinse and drain the black-eyed peas. Stir all ingredients and chill. Serve with Tortilla chips.

Yield: 6 cups

Source: Sherie K
Recipe Author: Unknown

***NOTE: I've never had such a requested recipe! EVERYONE LOVES THIS RECIPE! When I first saw it at my Mom's house, I said, "Raw Green Peppers? Raw Purple Onions? No way, I ain't eatin' that stuff" My Mom told me to just try a bite and I was in love after that. This seems like an odd combination of ingredients, but it is DELICIOUS! This is one that I make for every New Year's party I go to. It's supposed to be good luck to eat black-eyed-peas on New Years...this is so much better than eating a warm soupy bowl of them... :)

No comments: