No-Rise Pizza Dough

1 1/2 cups hot water
2 tsp salt
2 Tbs sugar
4 1/2 tsp yeast (2 packages)
3 3/4 cups flour

Mix all ingredients. Roll out to desired shape and bake according to recipe directions. For good calzones, put some of your favorite pizza toppings on it, fold it over and seal. Bake till browned.

Source: JoAnn K (my Sister-in-law from my 1st marriage)

***STORY: JoAnn and her family had a Christmas Even tradition. They had pizza on Christmas Eve. We were out in Indiana visiting and she told me she was going to make pizza for dinner. The first thing through my mind was WOW...it's cold outside and you are going to have to raise the dough...what a pain. BUT, she had a recipe for a dough that did it's rising in the oven and didn't require rise-time. WOW!

I didn't really need it at the time...I generally just ordered Dominoe's when I wanted pizza. It's really come in handy though when I make Calzones.

Melanie and Julie used to always request Calzones for dinner when they visited...or as Melanie used to call them, Cow-Zomes. We all get to chose our favorite toppings and we would put the first letter of our names on the top with grated cheese. After all...You wouldn't want someone else eating yours. :) FUN TIMES!

No comments: