Monkey Bread

1 large tube of Buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Cut biscuits into 4 pieces. Roll into ball and coat with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Lay evenly in a bundt pan. Combine Brown sugar and butter and pour over top. Bake at 350 till for about 20 minutes or until done. Let cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto a plate and enjoy. 1 recipe serves 3 or 4 people.

Recipe Inspiration: Marsha M (old family friend)

***NOTE: Marsha used to make us monkey bread ALOT. She lived with us for a little while and she made it then...she also made it a couple times when we were camping...I believe...or maybe girls camp? This is not HER recipe but the closest I could find to what I remember. I've done this in a dutch over while camping too...it's a little more finicky when you aren't doing it in the oven...but it's worth it if you can make it for breakfast while camping out. YUMMO!

***STORY: This is one of Melanie's favorite recipes. She requests it often. At one time, she was requesting it at almost every time she stayed the weekend. She would get everything out and put it all on the counter. She knew what all the ingredients were. Then she'd wash her hands and come get me and tell me she was ready for me to help her make it. We always did the assembly line thing. I cut the biscuits up and she'd put the cinnamon on them and put them in the pan. GOOD MEMORIES!

No comments: