Cranberry Sauce

1 lb fresh cranberries
4 cups chopped apples with skin
1 cup crushed pineapple
2 packages of cherry Jell-O (or substitute one of the packages with Cranberry Jell-O)
1 1/2 cups sugar (a little more if desired to help taste)
1/2 lb walnuts

Chop each of the following separately in the food processor till semi-fine. Cranberries, apples and walnuts. Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and chill. Makes about 2 quarts.

***COMMENT: I think I've had this as part of my turkey dinner all but maybe one or two years of my life! I really, like it. It is my Mom's recipe. This is one of those you either like or you don't. There is no in-betweens on this one. If you are the type that only has the jelly cranberry sauce, the kind with no cranberry chunks in it? You might not care for this. But all the normal people out there really like it. Just kidding. You should try it once. It makes a pretty big batch though.

Source: Sherie K (my Mom)

No comments: