Colette's Syrup

1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Mix butter, sugar and buttermilk in a pan. Heat till boiling. Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla. Best if served when warm. This is really good with fresh fruit in it also.

Source: Colette H (my Sister-in-law)

***STORY: I went to my brother's house one morning to report in for my first day of work. I got there and all their kids were sitting down for a breakfast of pancakes with this strawberry type syrup. It smelled incredible. So, I sat down and ate with them. I was thinking...I could get used to this for sure! Hot breakfast, served at the beginning of the work day. YUMMO! I liked the syrup so much that I inquired what brand it was. She told me it was homemade and I HAD to get the recipe. When I saw everything that was in it, I realized why it was so good. SO, I don't make it all the time, but when I do, EVERYONE loves it! Definitely a keeper. Would be good for a breakfast in bed...or birthday breakfast. :)

No comments: