Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa

1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
3 avocados
4-5 serrano chilies, roasted, peeled and seeded
4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
2 tbs cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

In a large pot two-thirds full of boiling water, add tomatillos, return to a boil and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain and cool to touch, 20 minutes. In a food processor, combine tomatillos, avocados, chilies, garlic and cilantro; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Yield: 4 cups

***COMMENT: I love the Williams-Sonoma catalog...all my favorite things are in there and they have awesome recipes to showcase their tools and spices. This one happened to not require a spice kit or a mix. It's a killer green salsa. It's become a favorite with me and my extended famly. My Mom really likes it!

Source: Williams-Sonoma Catalog

No comments: